Coral City
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Mon Calamari » Coral City
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arlyn
Commander

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Coral City

The Mon Calamari senators called the oceanic planet, Dac. Arlyn knowing that Quarren were also residents had called the planet by the name of the original inhabitants. The shuttle began its long descent, the fog of the atmosphere clouding the rest of the passenger’s view.

The ship rocked slightly at the finale of its entry and the massive ocean appeared. Arlyn could see the beauty of the planet instantly and its endless waters were magnificent. The Mon Calamari to her right gasped at the sight. Arlyn looked at the orange skinned man and his voice was young again.

“I haven’t seen the oceans for quite some time.” His large orbical eyes not leaving the viewscreen window. The second calamari next to him was also interested and added to his senator companion, “Beautiful?”

Arlyn smiled gently and said, “The most beautiful waters I have ever seen.” Besides Manaan, Dac was absolutely a tourist travel. Its aquatic travel limitless and the amount of life this planet could sustain were undefined.

The shuttle began its way to an odd shaped floating city which was currently the capital of the planet. It was large and floated without violent pollution into its seas. The shuttle made its way towards a landing platform that was granted to them almost immediately. The Senators of the Galactic Alliance were always treated with respect and the quickest actions.

As the hatch opened the fresh sea air filled Arlyn’s nose. Arlyn’s wings desired to fly more than ever. Although Thanagar contained oceans, her father had never allowed to actually fly over one.

Arlyn moved quickly into the open, behind the Galactic Alliance Senators. The crowd roared at their appearance. The two Mon Calamari waived their hands and accepted the massive applause of thunder of approval. Many Calamari were present, but not many Quarren. The thought of two Mon Calamari senators must have angered the rival people, but three years ago, two Quarren had served in the Galactic Senate…

Arlyn was called, ‘Hero of Angels’ in their native language and accepted it as a compliment. Although her freedom fighting days of Lambda had changed slightly, the taller of the two senators, mentioned the Calamari had watched several holo-vids of her expeditions. The fact she rescued tens of worlds from persecution and her widely publicized Ryloth event, which Arlyn considered nothing, had brought her to a well respected stature. Especially her decision to formally arrive at star dock for her own ship and not expect it at your door step, had gone a long ways.

The senators led Arlyn past the massive assembly to an area of tables that was on the place of the stage. The gathering was large, with races of all kinds. It was odd to see so many cultures at on Dac, but then again, the Senator had warned Arlyn that she would be receiving an interesting crew.

Ryan Davad, HRD Sentient Droid
 Back to top »
Arlyn
Commander

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject:

The Mon Calamari Senators each bore a small speech about how fantastic it was to have such a high-ranking Alliance leader actually visit their planet. Arlyn felt a wave of pity. They had done so much for the Alliance yet, Alliance leadership rarely ever visited the planet itself. Arlyn stood up and the applause roared even more.

Arlyn held up her hands to the crowd and the audience fell considerably w quiet. Arlyn stood near the microphone within her best Alliance uniform overlooking the people of Coral City.

"I thank the people of Dac for the privilage and honor to be with each of you here today. I thank all the living lifeforms of this beautiful oceanic planet." Arlyn received an applause, "I will do everything in my power to uphold the values of the people. I will do everything in my power to ensure you the security and safety you have given me by building the Alliance the honorable Independence II." Arlyn paused, "Together we will help each other in this 'peaceful' galaxy. And together will become victorious." Applause and Arlyn finished her short speech. It was unexpected, but she had saved her original speech for her command crew before they actually left space dock.

Ryan Davad, HRD Sentient Droid
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Mon Calamari » Coral City
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: