Hot Arrival
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Tatooine » Hot Arrival
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mihara Zenori Ryuu

Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Hot Arrival

Coming out of hyperspace Ryuu headed straight for the Rebel Base in his battered Lambda Shuttle that he stole from a MkI Victory Class Star Destroyer, they had sent four squadrons of TIE Fighters after him. The shuttle's life support systems were damaged and the cockpit burnt through but his Assault Storm Trooper Armor had its own life support.

"Attention Rebel Forces, this is private Mihara Ryuu, I have defected from the Imperial forces and have suffered severe damage to my ship and i believe i have hostiles following me. I am requesting clearance to land."

Last edited by on Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
 Back to top »
Mihara Zenori Ryuu

Post Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject:

"frak this shit", Ryuu opens a channel with the base again, "Attention rebel base i coming in whether you like it or not", after cutting the channel Ryuu pushes the shuttle down towards the base.

"please don't shoot"
 Back to top »

Post Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject:

IC:Lt. Colonel:Jacob Curtis-Head Air Control for the Tatooine Rebel Base

Jacob Curtis sat at his desk doing paperwork when his comm started ringing "What is it." he said more as a command then a question.A voice came over the comm "Lt. Colonel Curtis, this is private Chang of air control we have a problem I think you should come down here sir."
"This better be good".Jacob said over the comm.
As Jacob was walking down the hallway he heard alarms comeing from air control.Jacob walked in and said "Whats going on here" private Chang came up to Jacob . "Sir, we just detected a Lambda Shuttle with four squadrons of TIE Intercepters engageing it."private Chang reported.
"Well private Chang, have we had we got in contact with the shuttle yet." Jacob asked.
"Yes sir, we got a message a few seconds ago.Follow me."private Chang walked over to the holo-recorder in the room."We got two whole messages from the shuttle."private Chang typed some keys on the recorder and the then a voice came over the intercom.
"Attention Rebel Forces, this is private Mihara Ryuu, I have defected from the Imperial forces and have suffered severe damage to my ship and i believe i have hostiles following me. I am requesting clearance to land."
"Attention rebel base i coming in whether you like it or not"
I looked at private Chang worried "I want a open comm with that shuttle now!"
Everybody started running around private Chang shouted to me from the other side of the room "Your on!"
I took the comm and said calmly into it "Hello, this is Lt. Colonel Jacob Curtis Head of Air Control for the Tatooine Rebel Base.You have permission to land, but in your shuttle's codition you won't be makeing a decent landing so I want you if you can to try and crash land near the base so we can recover you quickly.Can you do that." Jacob stoped speaking and waited for a response as he was waiting he yelled to everybody "I want two A-wing squadrons up there and I want them to provide cover fire for that shuttle now!"
"After that shuttle crashs I want combat speeders out there and looking for the crashed shuttle and tell those A-wing squadrons to pinpoint where the shuttle crashs so we at least know which area it crashs in.Also I want a recovery team ready to recover the passenger or passengers in that shuttle when we find where it crashs."
 Back to top »

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject:

A few seconds later after my message to the shuttle a voice came over the comm saying, "Rebel base, this is Kol Vance, I see the TIE and I'm willing to lend a hand."
I took the comm again and said into it, "Hello, this is Lt. Colonel Jacob Curtis head of Air Control for the Tatooine Rebel Base you have permission to engage those TIE Intercepters until the A-WINGs arrive.If you stay there to long those TIE Intercepters will rip you apart.You also have clearence to land.You have been expected."
Jacob put down the comm and asked private Chang "Are those A-wings ready yet?"
"No, but they should be ready in five minutes" replied private Chang
"We don't have five minutes."shouted Jacob
Private Chang said, "We're working as fast as we can."
 Back to top »
Mihara Zenori Ryuu

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject:

Aboard the Lambda shuttle the comm screen came on with his clearance.

"took them long enough..."

the interceptors shots hit the ship taking out the port engine and blowing a hole in the back.

"frak as if it wasn't going to be hard enough to land this damn thing without a front window"
 Back to top »

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject:

I set my weapons to be controlled manually from the cockpit, and flew the craft around the side of the interceptors. I opened fire to redirect them from their target.
 Back to top »

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Jacob was watching the radar screen amazed.That guy Kol Vance was dropping the TIE intercepters like they were flies.This guy was a petty good pilot.
Jacob shouted "Call off that A-wing order."
"But sir-"Chang was saying, but then Jacob interuppeted.
"But nothing.Chang theres only one thing worse then dieing under my command and thats disobeying a order."
Chang nodded and called off the order.
"That kid gots the heart of a pilot."said Jacob
"I want a meeting set up with that kid when he lands.Right after I talk to the rouge in the shuttle."said Jacob
"Yes, sir."Chang said and then Chang went back to his paperwork.
 Back to top »

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject:

I thought Interceptors were supposed to be really good starfighters and here I am taking them out with a freighter.

The TIE Interceptors followed after me now, instead. Obviously I was more important than a Lambda shuttle without guns....wait for it...

Bank left, bank right in rapid succession to dodge incoming blasts. Bank hard right...

I tried to look out the window to see if there were within my sight. I couldn't exactly see them, but I could judge their general position from incoming laser fire and my radar. I positioned my guns to shoot in that general area. The TIE pilots did what I'd expected, scattered. One happened to scatter in front of me and I targeted him, then shot him down.

Now that they were scattered, I could pick them apart one at a time. However, by the time I'd maneuvered and taken one down, the rest were on my tail.

I jerked as the rickety freighter took several hits. It had shields, but it wouldn't forever.

"Computer, aim the turrets at these coordinates, then begin firing. While they're firing, rotate the turrets until they face the same direction."

It had the desired effect. I'd confused them with a strange sort of boxed in position. They could only go up or down, but there wasn't enough space for all of them to make it. Of the three that lived to face this, two remained.

I can't maneuver with this thing at all! Piece of junk! It'd do me more good to get in the turret and shoot them down one at a time while I just sat here like a duck!

So, I did just that. I got in the dorsal turret and began playing shooting gallery. It didn't take me long to pick off the last two when I could practically see them.

After I'd had my share of excitement, I got back in the cockpit and landed on the surface at the Rebel base.
 Back to top »

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject:

"Chang your in command untill I get back.I'm going for that meeting."
 Back to top »
Mihara Zenori Ryuu

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject:

the heat in cockpit was almost unbearable and would have killed Ryuu if it weren't for his suit being atmospherically sealed and the tempurature augmenting itself to a now comfortable 33 degrees farenheit, the shuttles wings were ripped off from the force of entry and the repulsorlift generators were being pushed to their limits keeping the ship out of a spin and on a semi-controlled crash. Ryuu actived a low power homing beacon that would, if he landed near enough to the base be within range.
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Tatooine » Hot Arrival
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: