Central Management Admin Council Convention
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Announcements » Central Management Admin Council Convention
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Central Management Admin Council Convention

After deliberation between me and Ams, we've decided to address the issue of player-character death. There have been complaints about this in the past and we're deciding to resolve it, starting today.

If a player decides to kill another player, you come to the Fair-Death Council (FDC). We'll listen to both arguments and vote on which is the best, meaning if a character dies or not. This is to prevent godmodding in one of the most vital parts of RPing.

In space battles, a die-roll will be made, deciding if the character can escape from the ship (like with an escape pod) or not. This rule is ultimate for space battles, unless you can provide us with a legitimate reason to escape the ship .

For all ground battles, it will be decided on a vote from the FDC You must respect the final vote they make, but both the attacker and the defender will be listened to equally.

This applies ONLY to registered characters. NPCs are NOT protected by this system and can be killed without intervention of the FDC.

Addendum 1

The job of the FDC has extended to dealing with that of player-character capture. The FDC is henceforth known as CMAC (Character Mortality/Abduction Council). The rules for capture are more or less the same as the rules for killing a character: if two people are in disagreement about capture, you come to us and we’ll listen to both sides. After the council has made it decision, you will follow our ruling.

However, should capture be allowed, you may still not kill that character (without consulting the council), nor may you, in ANY circumstances, permanently maim the character without the mutual consent of both player-characters. The council will not listen to any disagreements on maiming. If there is a disagreement, it will simply not be done, as stated in Section 2 of the rules.

As before, this does not affect non-player characters (NPCs).

Addendum 2

Due to a rise in problems in the RPG, as of July 02, 2005, the CMAC has extended to take over the battlesystem. After much talking, the battlesystem is hereby disassembled. When engaging in battle, both participants will join a chat with 1/2 of the CMAC members. They will RP the battle with eachother and they will be moderated by the CMAC. Judging by the realism and the statistics of the ships engaging in battle, the CMAC will decide the winner, listing the losses/damages of all ships. The winner and loser will then talk amongst themselves to decide who posts what on the boards, but anything the CMAC tells you MUST be included in your posts, or they will be invalid. Any commands you give your ships in the CMAC chat must also be respected in the posts, unless told otherwise. All current battles at the time of the posting of this update are to follow the battlesystem until they end, then all future battles fall under the jurisdiction of this addendum.

Addendum 3

As of the posting of this addendum, policy on Force sensitivity is hereby changed. Canon Force sensitive characters will, of course, still be allowed into the RPG. However, uncanon Force sensitive characters will be allowed. If one wishes to apply for Force sensitivity, they will contact a CMAC member. Then, the CMAC will determine randomity through 1d20 (one roll of a 20-sided dice). If the number drawn is less or equal to 3, the CMAC will then discuss amongst themselves if the character is to be Force sensitive or not. If the number drawn is 4 or above, then there is no eligability for Force sensitivity. Note that this is a one-time roll for ALL USERS, NOT JUST CHARACTERS. You can't have more than one Force sensitive character following this addendum.

Addendum 4

After reviewal of CMAC responsibilties, the admins of SWVII had been restructured. CMAC now stands for Central Management Admin Council. They still handle all the mortality and abduction problems, but they are the generally senior admin council, dealing with most of the in-game situations. There are also two other admin levels, which may be seen in the Admin Levels thread.

Addendum 5

With this addendum, policy on Force sensitivity has been modified. After you have been determined to be eligible for sensitivity, a new roll will be conducted between 1-5. This will decide your initial level of sensitivity. Another roll will also be made, between 1-20, which decides the maximum level of power you can achieve. These numbers are subject to majority approval by the CMAC. The specifics of your level will be explained by the CMAC to you.

Currently, the members of the CMAC are Ams Jendob, Nevin Antilles and Han Solo.

Thank you for your time.

My moment of triumph
"...it should be noted I am a woman." - Brote Heckler
"To the Lord of Stupidity, that is you Mr. Heckler, may our meeting come swift!" - Keeramak

Crazed says:
god, your outlook would change if you would stop wearing pants

Holder of the 10,000 post
http://heavengames.com

Last edited by Nevin Antilles on Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:20 pm; edited 13 times in total
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Updated. Please read Addendum 1.

My moment of triumph
"To the Lord of Stupidity, that is you Mr. Heckler, may our meeting come swift!" - Keeramak

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject:

Updated. Please read Addendum 2 and 3, they are of the UTMOST importance.

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject:

Addendum 3 has been changed. A roll of the number 2 or lower is required to be Force sensitive now. This doesn't affect those whom have already applied for sensitivity.

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Updated again. The 1d6 roll is now 1d20 for Force sensitivity, but 3 and below means Force sensitivity.

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Addendum 4 has been added. It contains some changes in organization.

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Swali
Site Admin/Faction Leader
Site Admin/Faction Leader

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject:

So, basically, the unwritten rule is now official with Addendum 4... Joke

Darth Vader, Galactic Emperor

Grand General Mau Onca, Imperial Army Cheif of Operations and Staff

Mara Jade, Emperor's Hand

Seraph

Everyone Loves Magical Trevor! says:
I feel kind of dirty

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Addendum 5 has been added.

My moment of triumph

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Announcements » Central Management Admin Council Convention
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: