Rebel Base
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Dantooine » Rebel Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ravik Shadowstalker
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Rebel Base

Ravik entered the Rebel Base, hoping it was simple to enlist. He asked a nearby Rebel Soldier where to enlist. "See that small building over there? That's it, it pretty quick usually as well."he told Ravik. Quick,he thoughtquick means simple, and simple means I can get to spying quicker.

He looked around, there was a maze of buildings, no more than a few stories high, and the entire base had a perimeter of about 4 miles, approximately a square. He noted there was little air defence, but there was definently more than a fair share of Rebel Soldiers. And, unusually, the soldiers were almost equipped with good weapons, just outdated by a few years. There was a large building in the center of the base, it was very new looking, as well as polished and well-cared. That was obviously where the officials were.

He entered the building the Rebel had indicating towards, which was obviously very old, it was made of stone and had many cracks in it.

There was a middle-aged man sitting at a desk, with a chair at the opposite side of the table. The man was going over papers, and looked up as Ravik sat down at the chair. "Hmm, yes?" the man queried. Ravik told him."Uh, yes. I'd like to join the Rebel Army, I'm at the correct spot, right?" Ravik asked. The man simply nodded. "I'll need your name, current location of residence, and fngerprints."

"All right, welcome to the Rebellion. Ill have someone to bring you to a room in the Barracks immeadietly. Thank you."

Ravik thought quick. "Uh, I'm currently in a building in Vortu, my name's Kavris," Uh, uh, last name, quick Ravik, THINK"uh, Lightplane." And then he put his fingers on a touch pad that registered his fingerprints.Great.Ravik thought.Just great, i get to spend some more time in a barracks.

The man was right, another soldier was waiting for him out the door as he got out of his seat. He left the small building and followed the Rebel through the barrack doors, through a mess hall, up a flight of stairs, and into room 12-b-9a.

The room was small and cramped, with a little cot, a wooden chair, a wooden table, and a small window. It reminded Ravik almost of a prison cell. The soldier nodded to him and walked out, leaving Ravik alone.

There was a small book on the desk. He began reading it. The book was information on the base. The commander in charge was someone called General Armonis. The book said that General Armonis was in the large building in the center that Ravik had seen.

He also made an instant mental note when he read that, under the central building, was the entire base's energy source. A huge power generator, easily combustible.

He then began writing down his thoughts, including the low air defence. He stared at his wall as he thought about how much longer he was gonna be here. If he was smart, he wouldn'tve been looking at the wall, he'd be looking out his window where a small droid was. If he had thought about it, he wouldn'tve given the Rebellion his real fingerprints.

If he was listening he would've heard a faint laugh, very far away in the central building, coming from a triumphant Armonis.

If you try to fail, and succeed, what did you just do?
 Back to top »
Ravik Shadowstalker
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Ravik woke up as an announcment blared on a cmon system going to the entire building. "Attention, all personell, repeat, ALL personell go to the grounds ASAP."

Ravik walked out onto the grounds, which had about 2,000 Rebel soldiers, shoulder to shoulder. There was a stage that had Armonis on it, with a podium, speakers, and a few gaurds.

"A few days ago," Armonis' voice echoed across the grounds," we intercepted a message going to coruscant. It was stating that there was a Rebel base here, and indeed there is. Obviously, it was sent by the Imperial Ravik Shadowstalker. Ravik and Kavris, please step up onto the podium."

Ravik bit his lip and began to walk slowly forward to the stage. Once he was up there Armonis grinned. "Hmm. This is a problem. Where is Ravik, eh? It couldn't possibly be you, I'm sure. Oh, and by the way, Kavris, incase you didn't know, you have the same exact finger prints as Ravik Shadowstalker."

Shit Ravik thought, but kept his face concealed of emotion.

Then Armonis yelled to the crowd, " Who here thinks this is not Ravik Shadowstalker?"

Moments passed like hours... not one person raised their hand.

Then he turned to Ravik with a triumphant face. " You stupid Imperial! You have been found out! Unmasked! Exposed! Take him to the dungeons gaurds!" Then, right before they took him down the stage, Armonis grinned from ear to ear evily, and added, "After everyone gets a chance to beat him."

Ravik groaned, and was then immersed in pain.

Hours passed, and Ravik was finnaly taken to the 'dungeon'. There were only about 6 cells, all of them had skeletons in them. They all had 2 elevated slabs of stone sticking out of the walls, probably to serve as beds. The cells were all stone and bars, probably hundres of years old, but the bars looked like they replaced them.

He was barely conscious and could hardly see as they tossed him into a cell that contained a woman about 22, Ravik couldn't tell, nor did he care. He just managed to crawl onto one of the surfaces that served as beds, and fell asleep within seconds.

Back to top »
Ravik Shadowstalker
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Ravik started waking up. Light filtered into his eyes. The woman in the cell asked him if he was alright. Ravik scowled, "If having a bounty on your head for 20,000 credits, beating beaten by each member of a Rebel army, and then thrown into a cell for god-knows how long, then yeah, I'm just dandy."

She suddenly looked surprised," Was that all the noise I heard last night?" Then, after Ravik nodded, said," Hmm, sorry. I crashed here in my TIE after my hyperdrive engine malfunctioned. The instantly surrounded me and threw me in here. They stripped me of my guns, and pretty much everything else, put it in the tie, and burned it all. I assume they've done something simmilar with your stuff as well. But why are you here?"

Ravik was extremely glad he left his sword in his room at the apartment complex on Coruscant. He observed she was Imperial, obviously, and decided to let her know what his mission was. Not that any harm could come to it now. " Mission from Coruscant," he said," I made the mistake of giving them my finger prints...that's all they needed."

She nodded understandingly. " Well enough of all that, my names Ariana, you?"

Ravik said, "Ravik Shadowstalker. I'd say nice to meet you, but under the circum stances, it really isn't at all."

Ariana smiled. "Well I guess we better find a way out." she said somewhat enthusiastic. Ravik tried to return the same enthusiasm. " Well, if we had something rough, we could file through these bars. And it looks like theres no guards inside here, so no one could watch us. Only problem is- we dont have anything rough. All weve got are our clothes on our backs."

Ariana lost some of her enthusiasm. "Well, why don't we try the wall." Ravik laguhed. "I'm strong. Not that strong."

Ariana began to look annoyed. "Well, we get water every day. If we put some of our water onto the mortar, we can eventually get it soft enough to just push out the stones." Ravik considered this. "Hmm...intresting proposal. Well, I've got no better ideas, lets try th-"

Ariana interupted him. "No. We won't just merely try it, we'll do it." Ravik grinned at her hard-headedness. "Fair enough."

Days passed...

The mortar around the few stones they had focused on were begining to become mushy. Ariana told Ravik to start pushing some of the bottom ones. Ravik obeyed, and was able to push 3 of the bottom ones out. Almost big enough to crawl through.

Ravik was glad. Only a few more days of this damn prison. Im getting off this planet and back to Coruscant as soon as we get out of here. Then something suddenly occured to Ravik. He would have to bring Ariana with him to Corsucant so she could show she was alive. But my ship is only big enough for 1 person.What to do...

A few minutes went by and then it occured to him. I'm going to have to steal a Y-wing

Back to top »
Ravik Shadowstalker
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Armonis is the Rebel General mentioned earlier if you forgot.

Finally, I'm out of here. thought Ravik, as they removed the last stone from the wall. He had explained to Ariana that they would have to steal a Y-wing to get off of here and to Coruscant. She agreed.

Ariana went through the hole in the wall first, then followed by Ravik. "Follow me," whispered Ravik,"I saw where the hanger was on the map when I first got here." Ariana simply nodded.

They pressed themselves to buildings each time Rebels would come by, until eventually one of them found them out. Ariana put her hand to the Rebel's mouth as Ravik strangled him with his arm so he would die quietly. The Rebel tried reaching for one of his two blasters, but his hands were shaking so violently due to lack of oxygen, he couldn't keep them stair long enough to get a grip.

Slowly the Rebel's actions began slowing, until eventually his eyes began glazing over, then shutting. His limbs fell limp, and they slowly put him on the ground. Ravik took one of his blasters, as did Ariana. They began their journey to the hanger anew.

They had finnaly reached the hanger, and then Ravik told Ariana ever so quietly, "You sneak into a Y-wing and I'll attract their attention. Get in the gunner's seat, and begin firing on them immeadietly. Once I get on I'll get in the pilot's seat and get us the heck outta here, got it?" Ariana slowly nodded, "Yes."

"Good."

Ravik began going to the opposite side of the hanger of Ariana. He slowly walked to a small group of Rebel's and suddenly there was a huge clanking noise. Ariana had walked into a bombshell and it fell down. No....no....NO! thought Ravik. Rebels began pulling out their blaster and aim at Ariana.

Ravik ran over to Ariana and skidded in front of her. He began shooting at the Rebels, gradually dropping their numbers at the surprise of another enemy. Ravik estimated there to be about a score of them. He could sence Ariana stealing towards a Y-wing, and the Rebel's were too focused on him to notice.

And then the Rebels shot back. Ravik ducked behind a crate and kept dropping their numbers. Only 7 morehe thought.

Suddenly, one of them threw a thermal detenator at him. As it came down, Ravik batted it back at them with the blaster, and as it came to their feet, it blew.
It dropped it down to 2.

Ravik shot at one of the remaining. As his bolt slew his foe, another bolt came and knocked his weapon out of his hands. It was obviously the remaining one. As Ravik looked at him, the figure grinned.

"Well, well, Shadowstalker, we meet again." he laughed. It was Armonis. Then he slowly aimed his blaster at Ravik's head. "Mine will be the last name you ever hear. Armonis!" Just before he pulled the trigger, Ariana shot his weapon from his hands.

"Fool!" Armonis yelled at her. He picked up a bar and threw it at her head, knocking her out instantly. It slowly rolled to Ravik's feet, and he picked it up. Then Armonis unsheathed a short-sword. "Blood will be littered here, Shadowstalker!"

Ravik began walking toward Armonis. "Yes. And it will only be yours!" he yelled. Armonis began to charge him. Ravik ducked easily and whacked Armonis in the chest with the bar. Armonis let out a gasp, and brought his blade down on Ravik's back. Ravik grunted as he felt blood flow out of his fresh wound.

Ravik began swinging at Armonis furiously, and Armonis swung back with equal fury. As Ravik parried one of Armonis' attacks, the blade came down on his hand, causing him to drop his 'weapon'. As Armonis brought his blade down on Ravik again, he caught the blade with a clap, and threw it away.[/b]

Then Ravik brought his fist up to Armonis' chin, resulting in a hollow crack. Armonis' jaw had broken. Then Armonis thrust him in a wall and began throtting him. Ravik's vision began growing dimmer. His thoughts began to fade away. Then he remembered he was on a mission. I will not fail Nevin, he thought.

Ravik thrust his knee up between the legs of Armonis with all his might. Armonis' grip automatically let go, and he howled in pain, and fell down. Ravik stomped on his rib cage, and put his foot to the Rebel General's neck. Armonis began making motions with his mouth that looked like please.

"You wouldn't have spared me. So give me one good reason I should spare you...Rebel." Ravik said, evily. Then as Armonis began looking pale, he let his foot up. He took the bar he recently dropped, and hit Armonis over the head so he was unconsious.

Ariana began waking up, and smiled when she saw the defeated Rebel. She helped Ravik get the unconsious body into the Y-wing, in the small distance between the two seats. Ravik then got into the pilot seat, and Ariana got into the gunners. Without hesitation, Ravik began taking off, and within minutes they were in space.

Ariana muttered to him as the blue bars of hyperspace began forming around the ship, "Good job."

Ravik Shadowstalker is now at Coruscant

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Dantooine » Rebel Base
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: