Protest of the copyright
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Announcements » Protest of the copyright
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brote Heckler
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Protest of the copyright

I am formally protesting the copyrighting of the work I have put into the game... I never agreed to that and only recently have I seen such a copyright notice on this site, (i.e. today, but was posted 6 days ago when I did not see such) I would like that to be known. The reason for my protest is that I believe my work is my work, and since I never formally agreed to this as of 6 days ago, I believe it should not be applied to me. Since the Admins of this site claim copyright on what I have written they have control of my character and everyone else’s that was original. I will of course not hesitate to bring this up in a court of law if it will come to that. The creativity of my character will not go to the hands of tyrants who will use law to an advantage to keep members.

Grand Commodore Guru Bhuru/Commander, all of the DRWP navy

Alex says:
it wont be a Brote-style
Alex says:
but...
Noo... not Neimodia, you Rebels how?! says:
I have a style named after me now?
Alex says:
lol

Crazed says:
*gets married, gives birth to children and dies*
From the desk of Reverend. Matthew from the COM our mascot Penguin all verdicts are finel! says:
lol

"Tare meus armo , EGO vadum crudus , quod rip meus pes , EGO vadum scream , tamen EGO mos nunquam trado U.R.I. quod EGO mos pugna ut nex , si ut est quis postulo exsisto."

SPORE! The Fansite: http://www.sporefan.com/fhome.asp Will Wright is making the next myspace!
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
David Hunt
Ensign

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Look this is an RPG, will everyone quit threatening to take people to court, it's discouraging me from staying on the site. As I dont want to get involved in a fierce legal battle.
Petyr Baelish
Aedile/Faction Leader
Aedile/Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Brote, the copyright is in place to prevent other RPG's from taking ideas, orginization or any of that bollocks from SWVII. At least, that's what I get out of it.

On another note, the copyright is a little out of place on my part. My characters names are from George Martins' Song of Ice and Fire.

Aegon Targaryen

Jonos Bracken
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Brote Heckler
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject:

My character and everything about him is totally made up, even his name.

Alex says:
it wont be a Brote-style
Alex says:
but...
Alex says:
lol

Crazed says:
From the desk of Reverend. Matthew from the COM our mascot Penguin all verdicts are finel! says:
lol

"Tare meus armo , EGO vadum crudus , quod rip meus pes , EGO vadum scream , tamen EGO mos nunquam trado U.R.I. quod EGO mos pugna ut nex , si ut est quis postulo exsisto."

SPORE! The Fansite: http://www.sporefan.com/fhome.asp Will Wright is making the next myspace!
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Brote, the character is yours, of course. Any canon characters are copyrighted by Lucasfilm, etc. OC's are their creator's and their creator's alone. All that belongs to the admins is the backstory (alternate Endor), and events within the RPG.

And we're not tyrants. There has been a copyright notice at the bottom of the index since CMAC was formed, and the recent post was just to remind certain people of such a copyright.

Again, you have ALL of the rights to Brote Heckler, his backstory, etc. We just want people to know that can't use elements of our story (like Corulag, for example, or Alt-Endor) without permission.

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Holder of the 5,000th, 15,000th, 17,000th, 19,000th, and 22,000th posts
Alexus in a PM: I love you in a completely non sexual way.

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Its good with some Soy Sauce
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

Solo - the Reckless Corellian says:
FISH SEX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/ford-drunk.jpg
Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Brote Heckler
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Corulag was created by George Lucas I believe... or some other guy with a license to make stuff with the Star Wars logo, and George Lucas's premission. To tell you the truth the very name Endor is copyrighted... if you tried to use that in a court of law it would be thrown out since it is not even your idea in the first place...

Alex says:
it wont be a Brote-style
Alex says:
but...
Alex says:
lol

Crazed says:
lol

Last edited by Brote Heckler on Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject:

I was referring to the battle that took place here at that planet. And actually, the earliest known mention of the planet comes from Bill Slavicsek, not George.

Director of Imperial Intelligence and Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segment

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob--Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps this petty pace... says:
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Brote Heckler
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:
I was referring to the battle that took place here at that planet. And actually, the earliest known mention of the planet comes from Bill Slavicsek, not George.

I reedited twice... please reread.

Alex says:
it wont be a Brote-style
Alex says:
but...
Alex says:
lol

Crazed says:
lol

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Councilor
CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Ah, I apologize. Though quibbling over semantics isn't necessary. I do not copyright any of the planets, as they are Star Wars canon, save two (one of which is under another copyright). I meant to say that the altered Battle of Endor (save the parts identical to those in Return of the Jedi) are copyrighted by this site, as is all story material outside of the movies and prior events in canon.

And now that your fears should have been allayed, as Brote Heckler and all of the other characters you created are your to do with as you please, can we call this problem solved?

RPG Rules|Galactic Map

Crazed says:
water is really cat piss
ROFL.
VvD says:
Crazed says:
...cat piss?

FISH SEX

Han, off duty.
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
Webmaster CMAC Councilor
Webmaster CMAC Councilor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject:

The copyright is not a copyright of your characters. It's a copyright over completed works posted on this site. Your character and story is entirely yours, but if you were to directly copy and paste a battle (Corulag, for example), that would be a violation of the copyright. However, if you were to have your character Brote Heckler be attacked by a rogue Imperial Grand Admiral, it would not be a copyright infringement, it would be bad taste. Wink

My moment of triumph
"...it should be noted I am a woman." - Brote Heckler
"To the Lord of Stupidity, that is you Mr. Heckler, may our meeting come swift!" - Keeramak

Crazed says:
god, your outlook would change if you would stop wearing pants

Holder of the 10,000 post
http://heavengames.com
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VII: A Shattered Hope Forum Index » Announcements » Protest of the copyright
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: